Experienced professional in the field of production, repair, inspection and maintenance of aerial devices, cranes, and digger derricks.
Commonwealth Utility Equipment Co. Butler, PA
Parts Coordinator (2007 - 2009)
- Receive customer calls, research and specify resale and service parts for aerial devices, cranes, and digger derricks.
- Assess repair and maintenance for units; prepare estimates.
Service Manager (2002 - 2007)
- Lead a team of 12 mechanics and a departmental assistant.
- Assess repair and maintenance for aerial devices, cranes & digger derricks; prepare estimates and discuss courses of action with customers; ensure thorough completion of work and maintain repeat business.
- Train new mechanics in necessary procedures for repair & inspection of aerial devices, cranes & digger derricks, continue training for veteran mechanics as need arises.
Network / Systems Administrator (2000 - 2002)
- Ensured smooth, secure operation of a thirty-workstation PC network with upgrades & new installations.
- Responsible for training employees to use various software applications, individually and in groups.
- Participated in a major accounting system implementation, coordinated consultants, and transferred legacy information from an IBM AS/400 to an MSSQL based system.
Dielectric test technician (1998 - 2009)
- Became company dielectric test technician, tested thousands of aerial devices, bucket liners and tools.
Engineering Manager / Safety Manager (1994 - 2000)
- Managed the engineering department for production of aerial devices, cranes & digger derricks.
- Researched corporate safety requirements; ensured company-wide compliance via employee training, insurance reporting and government filings.
Penreco Karns City, PA
Process Engineer (1988 - 1994)
- Responsible for smooth daily operation of three petroleum processing departments. Coordinated periodic maintenance shutdowns for these departments. Specified, hired and directed maintenance contractors.
Altec, Terex / Telelect, Hi-Ranger, Reach All, ETI, Texoma, TECO, MTI, Lift-All, Versalift, Duralift, Polecat, Telsta, Hydro-Grubert, National, LiftMoore, Stellar, Autocrane, Harsco Rail, DMF, Braden, Warn, Paccar, Ramsey, Myte, Reading Body, Astoria Body, Warner Body, Ford, GMC, Dodge, International, Freightliner
Aerial devices, cranes, digger derricks, reel lifters, hydraulic systems, electro-hydraulic systems, PTOs, power transmission, mechanical systems, pumps, valves, DC electrical systems, winches, capstans, lighting, strobe systems, inverters, generators, small engines, electronic control systems, computers, pneumatic systems, heavy duty vehicle systems, pilot systems, equipment weight distribution & stability,
Grove City College - Grove City, PA - BS in Chemical Engineering
Cattaraugus County Community College - Olean, NY - Two semesters of basic accounting
Certifications & Training
Certified SENTRY Insulated Aerial Device & Non-insulated Aerial Device Operator Trainer
Certified Dielectric Test Technician, Received Altec Digger Derrick & Aerial Device Repair & Maintenance Training, Altec Apitec System Training